Trig-Out

A saucy female perspective on sports pop-culture

Friday, March 31, 2006

I know, I know, I know...I've been a horrible blogger this week. I am very sorry. It's been one of those weeks where I've been trying to do too many things at once. Before I hit the weekend, I wanted to leave you with a few thoughts:

1) The Flutie Effect...truth or myth? Guess George Mason could find out depending on how well they continue to play this weekend. More to come on this topic next week.

2) Final Four - Predictions:
George Mason vs. Florida - Again, it's hard to take the underdog when Florida has been playing so well, but with George Mason used to playing Giant-slayer, it's hard to not bet against them. Final: 64-59, George Mason

LSU vs. UCLA - Having witnessed LSU loose a 14 point lead to OSU in the final two minutes of regulation this December, I feel like they are due to screw up. UCLA stunned Gonzaga with a nail-bitting coming back from a 14 point defecit to make it to this Final Four. Final: 78-64, UCLA

Clearly that puts George Mason vs. UCLA for the Championship Game...would anyone have predicted that? Guess we'll find out.

3)Steroids and Baseball
Clearly since the only evidence you need here are photographs of these beastly men, why aren't we investigating steroids and football, or wrestling, or any other number of sports where it's painfully obvious that no man was built or made the way these athletes perform. Is the crime here illegal drugs or is the crime that records of old have/are/will be broken by chemically-enhanced men, giving them an advantage over past players who had a natural ability? What would Babe Ruth had done if he was pumped up with Mexican steroids? Again, more to follow on this!

Enjoy the weekend and I promise I'll be better about my posts next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home